WELCOME TO BOURBON HERITAGE MONTH

Whether this is your first year celebrating Bourbon Heritage Month or you're a seasoned pro, we're glad to have you drinking with us for the next 30 days. Pour yourself a drink and scroll down to explore what we've got in store for this year's celebration and how you can be a part of it all.

WELCOME TO BOURBON HERITAGE MONTH

Whether you're a bourbon rookie or a seasoned enthusiast, welcome to Bourbon Heritage Month! We're thrilled to have you join us for our 11th annual celebration of all things bourbon. So grab a glass, pour yourself a generous drink, and dive into the festivities lined up for the next 30 days.

Here’s what you need to do to join the fun:

  1. Enter Our Giveaway: Who doesn't love free bourbon stuff? Enter for a chance to win some fantastic prizes.
  2. Download Your #30DaysOfBourbon Calendar: Stay on top of all the daily bourbon challenges and events.
  3. Stock Up on Bourbon Gear: Show off your bourbon pride with stylish merch.

And hey, don't keep this bourbon bonanza to yourself! Share this page with your friends and invite them to join in. Let's face it: Bourbon is better enjoyed with good company, and winning prizes is way more fun when you can brag about it to your buddies.

From all of us at Bourbon & Banter, thank you for being part of our bourbon-loving community. We're excited to share our passion and spread the bourbon gospel with you throughout the month. Cheers!

WIN BOURBON SWAG & MORE

Here’s your golden opportunity to upgrade your bourbon wardrobe and home bar without spending a single dime! We're excited to bring back our annual Bourbon Swag Giveaway for the 10th year in a row, thanks to the generous support from some of your favorite brands and distilleries. Each week, we'll select a lucky winner to receive a bourbon swag pack (5 winners in total), and at the end of the month, we'll pick a Mega-Pack winner who will score the ultimate bourbon gear collection.

This year, we’ve cranked up the fun with more ways to earn unlimited additional entries. Follow us online, share the giveaway with your friends, and watch your chances to win skyrocket. Once you’ve racked up your entries, sit back, pour yourself a nice bourbon, and start dreaming about all the cool swag you might win.

But that’s not all! In addition to the weekly bourbon swag prizes, we're also giving away loads of other goodies. Think swag from your favorite brands, free online whiskey classes, Bourbon & Banter community memberships, and gear from our very own DrinkCurious Bourbon Shop. Make sure you’re following us on all our social channels because you never know when we’ll throw in a quick giveaway or call out your name to claim a prize.

So, get ready to celebrate Bourbon Heritage Month with us and score some amazing bourbon swag along the way. Cheers!

DID SOMEONE SAY THERE WERE MORE PRIZES?

We've got some extra surprises up our sleeves for Bourbon Heritage Month! Keep an eye on our social media channels for surprise giveaways that will pop up throughout the month. Make sure you're following us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to get in on these bonus prizes.

And don’t forget to enter our main giveaway for a shot at all the amazing swag we've mentioned. Invite your friends to join in, too – the more, the merrier! Plus, if we hit our stretch goal of 40k Instagram followers, we'll celebrate by giving away a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle. So, spread the word, share the bourbon love, and let's make this Bourbon Heritage Month the best one yet! Cheers!

WHAT IS BOURBON HERITAGE MONTH?

THE 30 DAYS OF

BOURBON CHALLENGE

Join your fellow bourbon lovers starting 9/1/24 as they take on the challenge of enjoying 30 different through September.

Let's break down the ground rules in the simplest way: BOURBON ONLY. We're keeping this exclusive, so there is no room for Rye, Scotch, Irish, Indian, Taiwanese, Canadian, Japanese, Australian, or Mexican whiskies. And don't even think about sneaking in those flavored concoctions that don't meet the TTB standards for bourbon (yes, Red Stag and Fireball, we're looking at you).

Remember, your 30-day conquest is all about bourbon—nothing else will do. Anything other than pure bourbon will not count toward your goal.

Hold on tight; here's a handy set of guidelines to ensure your daily pick counts towards conquering the 30 Days of Bourbon Challenge:

  • Proof Parley: For instance, Wild Turkey 81 and Wild Turkey 101? We're treating those as one in the Challenge. But different expressions from the same brand, like a Bottled-in-Bond versus a non-bonded variant, count separately.
  • Mash-Up Mastery: Take Four Roses, for instance, with its ten unique recipes. Each of these recipes stands as an individual bourbon. Their Small Batch and Small Batch Select, which are blends of these recipes, are also fair game. Don’t forget about Four Roses' limited editions – they’re included too, thanks to their distinct blend ratios.
  • Finished Bourbons: Fans of finished bourbons like Angel's Envy are more than welcome to drink them as part of their 30 Days of Bourbon Challenge. As long as the finished bourbon started life as a bourbon we see no reason to exclude it due to alternative barrel finishing. (Take that, you TTB label minions.)
  • Sourced Stories: With many brands sourcing from larger distilleries, things can get a bit confusing. To keep it simple, sourced bourbons – even if from the same distillery – are valid as long as they adhere to the other challenge rules.
  • Single Barrel Shuffle: Different barrels of the same brand expression no longer count towards your 30-day feat. While they may have differences in color, aroma, and flavor, they’re all considered part of the same expression. So, no more counting each unique horse stopper on Blanton's, and drinking 30 distinct single barrel numbers of the same expression won't seal the deal anymore.
  • Cocktails Count: Prefer your bourbon in a cocktail? No problem. When crafting cocktails, feel free to get creative as long as you use a new bourbon for each drink.

Click below for the Ultimate Guide to the 30 Days of Bourbon Challenge. Then, download your tracking calendar and Bourbon Heritage Month graphic overlays for social media use.

GEAR UP

There's no better time than Bourbon Heritage Month to stock up on bourbon-themed gear. Check out our online store and treat yourself to some unique bourbon items that show off your love for America’s native spirit. Plus, as a bonus, one lucky shopper will win a special Bourbon & Banter gear pack at the end of the month. Happy shopping and cheers!

SHOP BOURBON GEAR

2024 BHM SPONSORS

A special shoutout to our friends at these amazing brands for partnering with us and supporting our Bourbon Heritage Month celebration this year. We truly appreciate their collaboration in helping us spread the bourbon love and encouraging everyone to #DrinkCurious. Cheers to great partnerships and even better bourbon!

BUILT FOR BOURBON LOVERS

Tired of chasing every bourbon fad like a squirrel after shiny objects? Join the Bourbon & Banter community, where we drink curious and keep it real. Forget the hype and the taters—here, it's all about honest reviews, genuine camaraderie, and a deep dive into the stories behind the spirits we love. Whether you're a seasoned sipper or just starting your whiskey journey, we've got your back with wit, wisdom, and a good pour. Come for the bourbon, stay for the banter!

JOIN NOW